Monday, January 24, 2011

Some of my Favorite Eats..Yummy! :)

Ok so everyone who knows me knows I may be thin, but I eat like there's no tomorrow! haha There aren't many foods that I won't try and that I don't like. That being said, I have razzled and dazzled a little in the kitchen myself, to feed my craving for a delectable dish. I love spicy anything, so most of these recipes are altered to be more spicy, but I shall let you know where that part is optional. Shall we begin? YES!

Cacio e pepe
Level : SUPER EASY
Ingredient count: Approx. 6

Cacio e Pepe is such an easy dish, anyone can whip this baby up in no time and find their stomach happily filled :) Its pretty much cheese, pasta, and pepper. How simple is that?!

Ingredients : Olive Oil, Pasta of your choice, Black Pepper, Salt, Pecorino Romano Cheese grated and Butter & Red Pepper Flakes which are completely optional!


1. You are going to want to cook a pot of pasta as you normally would. I suggest adding a teaspoon or so of Olive Oil to avoid the pasta sticking together, gross! Salt your water well, and cook the pasta until its perfectly al dente.
2. Drain the pasta and reserve just about a cup or so of the water, this will be used later :)
3. At this point, in the same pot that you cooked the pasta in, you may add the optional butter, and throw that pasta back in there. Some recipes will say to add the reserved water in as well, but I like to add it gradually after adding the other ingredients to assure the texture I'm going for is achieved to perfection!
4. Add a significant amount of Black Pepper (approx 1/2 tsp), salt (approx 1/4 tsp) and your grated Romano cheese (approx 2 cups) at this time, as this will be the means of flavor.  At this time you may also add some Red Pepper Flakes. Warning: with red pepper flakes a little goes a long way!
5. You are going to want to "fold" all of these ingredients together while slowly adding some of the reserved pasta water. Once you get to the texture you're going for, voi la, you have yourself one of my favorite delectable EASY dishes.  Buon Apetito!

Note: Another recipe for Cacio e' Pepe can be found in Skinny Italian which can be purchased here !

No comments:

Post a Comment