Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Homemade Face Scrub That Will Rock Your World!



Anything homemade pretty much catches my eye from the get. I love the idea of knowing EXACTLY what is going into everything, and when I am the "cook", I am able to have full confidence that I know just that. This goes for my facial scrubs as well :) I currently use an all natural citrus face scrub from Burt's Bees in my shower and I absolutely love it. I will do a more thorough review for you guys later on that miracle in a jar. For now, however, I would like to share with you my other face remedy that I tend to use about once a week, depending on how much I feel my skin needs this.

This scrub, for me, is used to rid my face of any dead skin that may be lingering and causing my skin to look "dull". Lemon Sugar Scrubs are well known by most, and almost everyone who has used them can attest to how amazing their skin feels/looks after consistent use. The acidity in the lemon juice can gently exfoliate away any age spots, and or discoloration in the skin after a few uses. It's healthy for the skin, and therefore makes me a happy camper as well. You can make this quickie scrub with merely two ingredients, however, I add a third most of the time just because I love the value that Olive Oil brings to your skin naturally!



2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed or in those little plastic lemons lol I believe called Real Lemon)
2 Tablespoons of white Sugar (if available I like to get the finely granulated sugar, although not necessary!)
A drab of Olive Oil, to doctor up the texture and make it more of a "scrub", if this texture doesn't already exist. 

*Keep in mind these measurements are totally something I just threw together in approximation, 99% of the time I just eyeball it and add whatever I think needs to be added according to how well the mixture is mixing together.

The key to this is to scrub in circular motions (with your hands or with a cosmetic cotton pad) but not to be too abrasive. The first time I used a facial scrub, I swore that I was getting even more of a deep clean by scrubbing like there was no tomorrow, and only ended up with very red irritated skin in the end. Trust in the natural cleansing power of the sugar and lemon to do all of that stuff and be gentle on your little faces!

When you are satisfied, rinse your face thoroughly, moisturize and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment