Friday, March 25, 2011

My Favorite Spring Trends!

Below I am going to mention briefly a few of the trends I am looking forward to wearing this spring. I cannot wait for the weather to warm up already so I can whip these babies out!

Blazers: I am so thrilled that I can actually maybe wear just a blazer and no heavy coat in a few weeks. (crossing my fingers!) I have a few blazers, but am looking forward to really spicing things up with a bold colored one this spring. I am loving corals this spring and I just know it is going to be a huge color fashion wise this year. Keeping the rest of your outfit muted and earth toned and then throwing a jewel toned jacket over it would just look fabulous and effortless in my eyes. This is what I love about blazers, they are effortless, just throw one on and out the door you go, yet you look so polished :)

Colorful Scarves: I seriously consider myself the scarf lady. I have so many scarves its insane! lol This Spring I am anxiously awaiting not having to wear a coat that will hide these bright colors. A bright colored scarf can, just like a bright colored piece of jewelry, add such delight to your outfit. I don't follow the "rule" of color matching either, I love color so much how could I limit myself?! haha There are so many ways to wear scarves as well, the possibilities are limitless. I am even really loving the neck tie scarves (one of them is above)! Reminds me of something very Jackie O' ! (as you all know I live for this woman!)

Wedges: If any of you were to come raid my shoe closet today you would find that I have more wedges than ANY other kind of shoe. The comfort and chicness are just undeniable in the fashion world. It's like getting the best of both worlds, beauty and you aren't killing your pretty little feet, so why not?!  Wedges remind me of Spring and Summer undeniably. I love that they are so versatile with almost any ensemble. There are super fancy wedges, and on the other side of the spectrum, very casual ones. If you don't have a good pair of wedges in black and brown (colors that will take you through any season) definitely pick up some for this spring! 

A few other Spring trends that I am excited about would be :

1. Flare/Wide Leg Jeans : I know what you're thinking, Flare Alysea?!?! but you watch, they are making a comeback and paired the right way you don't have to look like a disco queen haha ;)
2. Fun Belts: Printed belts, studs etc
3. Hats: Fedoras, Sunhats, you name it--be BOLD!

What are your favorite Trends for this Spring??
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment