Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hair Color & Skin Tone--Let's Break it Down!

A Friend of mine requested this post and I realized that I have never really done anything like this before! Last night instead of my normal routine of reading my Nook  before bed, I did some research instead :) It is hard for a woman to know which hair color suits them best right off the bat without going through trial and error. We see a color on someone else and we think "oooohh I like that!" but we don't realize that what may suit that person really may end up looking terrible on us! There are some things to keep in mind before you run to the salon and choose a color out of a book to try.  I would hope that if the color you chose wasn't complementary to your skin tone, your stylist would warn you and try and suggest something more complimentary, but sadly, this isn't always the case. Here I am going to give you some tips that I found that can really help you stay away from being in the category of "worst hair of the year".

First things first, you have to determine what type of skin tone you have, a warm one or a cool one.  Here is a simple way to do so:



Once you determine your skin tone, you can now have a better insight into which hair color will enhance your natural beauty ;) Here are some ideas once you determine this:


Please keep in mind that these are just a few of the vast amount of hair colors that stylists have the ability of concocting nowadays that will really bring out the best in your skin tone etc.  Don't use this as an "I have to stick to this chart" kind of thing, rather as a guide in case you are ever in a rut :) 

I also like to look up celebrity hair colors on those that seem to have similar skin tone coloring as myself  to get a nice idea of what it would look like on me :) 

To all my Warm and Cool readers, 

xox

1 comment: