Thursday, July 26, 2012

My New Favorite Accessory!

The whole sideways cross trend has been going on for a while now. I first saw it on Kelly Ripa and then nearly every celebrity was wearing one! I have always wanted to purchase one but couldn't find one that was unique and that I loved completely! I always browse through Etsy because I LOVE the idea of being able to purchase vintage, handmade and made with love items that are supporting smaller businesses or in some cases, stay at home mommies :) Why would I get this necklace from a department store when I could probably find it on Etsy and put a little money in someone's pocket directly?

I found this necklace on Etsy and it is everything I ever wanted ! 18K Gold plated and even includes a personalized element--I fell for it immediately, and at under $70 it was a no brainer, this was what I had been waiting around for! haha (Sounds like a love story with my darn necklace right?! lol)

Here are a few photos of my new favorite accessory:


IMG_3105

IMG_3107

IMG_3108

The Names on the necklace are my long time boyfriends and my own--The fact that we have the same number of letters in our names, I wasn't sure that it would work, but Jean, the seller made it work beautifully! I am SO happy with how it came out. The chain falls a little below my collar bone which is perfect because almost no matter what top I am wearing, it can be seen!

My reasoning for getting this necklace is not only because it is a trendy gorgeous piece, but for something a little more sentimental.  As a Christian, I thought this was a wonderful way to be a constant reminder to live in my relationship with Gerard in a Godly, positive, loving way and  ultimately- God and our faith is what will hold our love together :) Call me a sap, but that's just what this reminded me of which made it even more special!

If you would like to get one of these for yourself or as a gift (I'm sure these would make excellent gifts!) here is the sellers info as well as a direct link to the Etsy page.

Link to Necklace

Link to Sellers Full Shop of Personalized Goodies!

Let me know if any of you have this necklace or if you go ahead and purchase one!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment