Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back on my 2012 via Photos

As 2012 comes to a close within these next few hours, I wanted to take some time to reflect on the good that came out of this taboo year. Taboo I say because here in the United States, where I live, the world was supposed to end twice according to various theories! If you are reading this, I think it's safe to say it indeed did not end, in fact it did quite the opposite for me.  2012 was filled with so many great memories, baby showers, births, weddings, engagements, friends, family, even some not so good things like friends breakups, family health issues, natural disasters, violent tragedies and so on. It is safe to say that 2012 had so much in store--things that would make us cry, love, laugh and most importantly remember who we are and why we are exactly where we are in our lives at this moment.

Here are some of the things that I remember in 2012 that were positive in my life:

1. Boyfriends sister had a wonderful baby shower and gave birth to an amazing little boy, RJ.
2. Went to see Jersey Boys on Broadway for Valentines Day--I LOVE oldies so this was perfect gift ;)
3. My Boyfriend graduated his work training! Boy that was a rough 6 months :(
4. Went to Puerto Rico with two of my very best friends and my honey.
5. Met Kandee Johnson at IMATS
6. Cut down Christmas Tree with my boyfriend to keep our tradition alive :)
7. Hiked through the Bushkill Falls with my best friend as we took a mental voyage with nature lol
8. Kayaked 6 miles and had my arms feel like they were on fire because of it hahaha
9. Reunited with my Portuguese grandparents after almost 10 years of not seeing them!
10. Finished my first semester back at school with a 3.9 GPA! yay!
11. Made my first fondant cake ever for my friends birthday!
12. Went to the Philadelphia Zoo with the mister and although I've been going here my whole life, this time was extra special for some reason :)
13. Went to over 5 NHL Hockey Playoff games--This was my first time ever getting into hockey!
14. Threw my boyfriend a surprise 25th birthday party successfully :)
15. Saw my sister and my cousin off to two different proms--they're getting so old--wahhh!

There were many other firsts and celebrations and new things that came to me this year, but if I were to take the time to share every single one, I would be here forever haha

Here are some photos of the above mentioned things:


collage3
collage2
collage1
Collage 4
I hope that next year I can look back on this post and see how much has changed from 2012 in just a year. I suggest that maybe some of you start to do this, it's a wonderful way to keep some of the positive from each year we are blessed to have.

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013. 

Until next year,

xox

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year dollface! Missed you on instagram haha :) Glad to know that you had such a great 2012 I wish many more blessings and wonderful moments for the new year coming. 2013 I'm Ready ♥

    ReplyDelete