Saturday, January 5, 2013

The 2013 Color of the Year is........EMERALD! Now, how to wear it!

Every year Pantone releases their official "color of the year". This year it's emerald.  I must say, when I first learned of this I was thinking "emerald?!"--I don't typically wear lots of green other than on my eyes (because it makes brown eyes look fabulous!) but maybe this year is the year to start experimenting.  Look forward to seeing lots of green everywhere in clothing, nail colors,  makeup, accessories etc.  You may even be tempted to dabble into the emerald trend so I decided to throw together some fashion sets to show you how I would personally wear this 2013 trend.  I put together 4 full outfit sets and one accessory set. Let me know how you would wear green this year throughout the seasons! Enjoy!


emerald4

emerald6

emerald5

emerald2

emerald

emerald3
Wearing green may not be something you feel comfortable with doing on a large part of your ensemble.  Accessorizing with emerald is a fantastic way to still incorporate a little bit of the trend safely and without overdoing it.  Sometimes remaining subtle with pops of color is the key to tying everything together.  Emerald is a jewel tone so it can really be paired with many colors.  The ones I like best are purple and blue--I feel like they really work well with emerald in an outfit.

If you need more help pairing green in your wardrobe, refer back to my color wheel post where I explain the guidelines you can follow when getting beautified :) You can find that post here: http://www.alyseap.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-2011-fashion-trends-fashion.html

To read more about the Pantone color of the year, click here

If any of you have made "color of the year" sets, link them below, I would love to check them out!

Fashionably Yours,

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment