Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Product Review: Wet & Wild Color Icon Palettes (Swatches and some MAC Dupes!)

Who doesn't love a convenient, inexpensive and pretty accessible makeup product? Even on those days where we may not wear foundation or lashes (hello, I never wear these!) it is almost always a staple to have some eyeshadow in a look that will make you feel fabulous. I saw these as I was food shopping at my local Shop Rite with the mister and at under $5, I had to give them a whirl. Here are some swatches and my thoughts on them:

Wet & Wild Comfort Zone Eyeshadow Palette
IMG_3747

PicMonkey Collage1
Top Photo is the palette's left side, Bottom Photo is the palette's right side

Wet & Wild Petal Pusher Eyeshadow Palette
IMG_3746

PicMonkey Collage
Top Photo is the palette's left side, Bottom Photo is the palette's right side

Overall Thoughts:
  • I love the price point of these--you are getting 8 shadows for under $5, how can you beat that?!
  • These shadows are pretty pigmented with the exception of the "browbone" colors that I would say came off a bit chalky and hard to work with at first but other than that the colors are really great!
  • I love how convenient these are--according to the labeling, you should be able to get two complete eye looks out of these--perfect for traveling! (I tried a look using the entire left side of the Comfort Zone palette as labeled and I got so many compliments!)
  • There are shadows included that are direct dupes for some of MAC's higher end line of shadows which retail for around $15.00 EACH! 
MAC DUPES:
 
IMG_3764
Left is MAC's Black Tied, Right is Wet & Wild Petal Pusher Palette (no color name is listed)

IMG_3763
Left is MAC's Trax, Right is Wet & Wild's Petal Pusher Palette
Overall, for price and variety of colors with a pretty good pigmentation, I would definitely recommend these. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the other palette's :) If you have these what are your thoughts? For more info on these and other Wet & Wild Products, click here!

Petal Pushers and Comfort Zones,

xox

1 comment:

  1. Some really pretty colours there and definitely gonna go check this out now! The pigmentation does look really good. Thank you, great post. I am a new follower :)

    www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk - Would love for you to check my blog out at some point :) x

    ReplyDelete