Saturday, July 20, 2013

Highlights From Day 8 Of My Vacation: LA Local

sunsetcollage1
We didn't do anything really superb today--just some shopping off of Melrose and pretty much stayed local after that. We were winding down in preparation for our departure tomorrow. We grabbed lunch at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles today. From the photo above you can probably tell that it was a food coma waiting to happen. Cornbread, Mac & Cheese, Fried Chicken, Waffles...soul food at its finest. I have never felt so"heavy" in my life. My stomach literally grew as I took each bite, that's how heavy and delicious the food was! lol I don't particularly like chicken and waffles together but I did enjoy them separately (I'm  an odd woman I know) ;) 

Tonight we ended up catching a movie at a local theater. This particular theater is 21+ only which was awesome because they had a full bar and full dining menu, not to mention ridiculously comfortable CLEAN theaters. It felt very sophisticated inside, and for a movie theater, I loved it =D The movie we chose was Ryan Gosling's "Only God Forgives" movie. Of course I wanted to see it just for RG, but being that it was connected to the movie Drive, which I have stated many times is one of my favorite movies ever, I knew it was a must see. If you like "artsy" movies that leave a lot to be interpreted, you will love this. I saw many similarities between the character he plays in this movie "Julian" and the character he played in Drive. 

I'm all packed up and ready to go for the morning. Sad that this is my last night here :( I will definitely be visiting again and recommend all of you do as well if you have never been. California has been so good to us! 

Thank you for coming on this journey with me, 

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment